Saturday, July 10, 2010

Edinburgh, Scotland

After an unforgettable few weeks in London, it was time for me to pack up once again and head north about 5 hours on the National Rail to Edinburgh, Scotland. Riding the train through the Scottish countryside delivers more than a few breathtaking views. Especially when the train seems to be teetering on the edge of a precipice overlooking the ocean. Once I arrived in town, I was ready to drop my bags and begin my wanderings. However, let me tell you, cobblestones do not mix well with rolling suitcases.

After a bit of a bumpy stroll, I finally made it to my fabulous flat off Dublin Street. Thanks to my friend Sam Carlisle who let me stay in his flat, I procured yet another free place to stay in one of the greatest cities in the world. Much thanks to Sam!

During my few weeks in Edinburgh, I was lucky enough to stroll most of Old Town and a good bit of New Town, and once again, my camera accompanied me on many of my trips. Edinburgh was such a charming and romantic place to live, and all the colorful people I met there made the trip a complete riot. Truly some of the most fun I've had yet on my journey through the UK.



















1 comment:

  1. wouah I m happy to see that because I ve been there twice, and it was always with the rain... beautiful under the sun.. nice pictures Jason!

    ReplyDelete